FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Dec 26, 2017, 4:06 pm
Edgerfly
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by eethan
I had called 2 - 3 times but was unable to change my last leg, HKG-LAX, from J to F. One of the experienced agents even went to her manager for help but couldn't do anything. I think the reason was - they couldn't simply refund my whole trip (JNB-HKG-LAX) and then book a new award for the remaining itinerary - the award costs were different.

Thanks for the field report! If you have any guidelines we can advise future agents, let us know.
This seems odd to me, and wrong. They should be able to just upgrade you, make necessary changes, deduct the additional miles and taxes, and reissue the ticket.

They shouldn’t have to totally redo the itinerary.

In fact I had a friend who was on the phone with an agent who told them they had to redeposit the miles and do what you’re describing, totallly redo the itinerary. It wasn’t an upgrade, it was just basically move the itinerary one day back in the same class.

I told my friend to tell the agent that’s not true, they can alter and change the itinerary, reissue the ticket, and collect any additional mileage and taxes and fees. Once she spoke up and said that, the agent listened.