FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:44 am
sch7458

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by brunos
Could you give examples of other revenue-based programs where award tickets earn points?
That is a genuine question, I am not an expert on these new developments.
I'm not aware of any American programs where award ticket earn points, but typically AA, DL, or UA doesn't impose YQ either - so I don't complain that much.
European carriers on the other side (LH Group for instance) charges up to 600 EUR for YQ.

This is a little bit out of topic but I'm just demonstrating how customer protection should work:
An LH-SEN sued Miles & More couple years ago and he won. The effect now: MM has to give notification at least 3 months if they are going to change their award table.
Would he used the mentality "let's being pushed by the airlines", MM would still theoretically do overnight award table change, just like any other carriers there. Thankfully not!

You and many others can still disagree, that's fine. But as a customer, I still believe the number 1 reason for the existence of AF/KL/LH/.... is the customer, so I believe the customers have a right to voice their opinion as well and should this voice is neglected, people have the right to bring the case to the court.