FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 “Who, When, Where, What and How” thread
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:22 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Who: Investment Management / Finance
When: Hit 1K in May for the 8th consecutive year. I exist in the ether below real GS eligibility of spending $30-40K/year for discount front of the bus tickets domestically.
How: 90% of travel is work-related, though I've become better at flying the wife out on Friday and extending weekends in the more enjoyable places.
Where: Major domestic markets, a lot of LGA/LAX/SFO/DEN/ATL
Why: I have become spoiled by almost never having to come out-of-pocket with cash to keep my wife in first whether she's travelling with me or not. That and upgrading my mom and sister on their handful of international flights a year makes it all worth it.
What: Given the aggressive discount first pricing of the domestic airline industry I flew a lot more DL/AA in 2017 and I would expect to continue to see that in 2018. I have ~25K PQM on UA booked in January though so should be back at 1K mid-year at the latest.