FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hey Delta, why no PLUTONIUM Medallion tier?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:20 am
TheHorta

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Question Hey Delta, why no PLUTONIUM Medallion tier?

There are a billion Diamond Medallions out there. On my DTW>NRT flight, the pilot thanked the FOURTEEN million milers on-board. On my routine ATL>SNA flight, on a measly 757, there were no fewer than a dozen, and possibly 20 DMs. The clubs are littered with them.

Instead of making changes to DM requirements (which is a good thing, but not good enough, IMHO), why not just introduce a new PLUTONIUM Medallion tier? D360 is too random and clandestine, so instead of relying on an invite-only tier, why not set a new level for the above-Diamond flyer?

I'm sure this isn't a new suggestion, by any means, but I'd like to see a published Delta Medallion tier that is something like 200,000 MQMs and $25,000 MQDs. That gives unlimited automatic Global Upgrades above Diamond+GUC. Maybe even 250,000 MQMs + $30,000 MQDs (which, conveniently, is about where I am ;-)

That sounds reasonable, and would provide us with a TRULY "Elite" flyer status. The herd is just too thick in DM, even with the new $250K waiver.

What thinkest thou?