FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pax accuses UA of giving her F seat to US Rep
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:40 am
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by AndyInSaigon
Pity that poor passenger that was seated next to SJL. She's notoriously rude & demanding of the airlines. The Houston Press once had a story about how Continental sent her office a Delta schedule & suggested she use another airline. My congressional rep.
As this was UA predecessor CO, and mentioned upthread, I hope this is acceptable:

[Former Rep. SJL staffer Burruss] then described an incident the previous month when Lee boarded a flight at National, and found the menu did not include a seafood special she had wanted.

"She screamed at the top of her lungs at least a minute," Burruss quotes [CO government affairs VP] Cox as telling her. "She embarrassed the flight attendants and the passengers in first class. And she embarrassed herself."

According to Burruss, Cox claimed Lee declared, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered!"

When Burruss asked Cox what could be done, Cox asked that her message be relayed directly to Lee, and then joked, "We have already given her the Delta Airlines schedule."