FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fall Trip To Eastern Canada
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:15 pm
seat38a

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Things We Did In Montreal Day 1
After checking into our hotel, the Intercontinental Montreal, we headed on out for dinner. In Montreal, Monday and Tuesday seems to be the popular days when restaurants decide not to open. Between the closed restaurants and or no reservation slots, we ended up picking a Fusion Asian place off of Saint Catherine Street about 1.5 miles from the Intercontinental. Google Maps at first had us go down to the RESO underground walkways, but once we got down there, the Google Maps app started acting up even with full cellular service underground. We came backup and chose the second recommended route via Rue Saint Catherine street. The temperature was hovering around the low 50's and dropping as it got later into the evening. Hunger, cold, and traffic traffic lights combined to made our 1.5 mile walk to the restaurant feel like an eternity.

At least by walking to dinner, we were able to experience Rue Saint Catherine which is a primary artery of Montreal. We passed by many corporate office towers and high end shopping such Louis Vuitton and others.

Once we arrived at the restaurant, there was a line outside along the building. The inside was completely packed with what looked like college students. My parents and I waited outside along with the everyone else until our a table able to accommodate the three of us opened up. We must have waited for at least 30+ minutes waiting outside in the cold. Inside the restaurant, it was nice and warm and the hot soup that I ordered came out still boiling in its container. The hot food helped to warm us up after the 1.5 walk and the 30+ minutes of waiting outside.

Now full and fully warmed up from the hot soup, the 1.5 miles walk back to the Intercontinental Montreal did not seem so bad at all. I also was in the mood again to stop and take pictures of the nighttime beautiful cityscape of Montreal.

By the time we arrived back at the Intercontinental, the temperature was in the low 40's. Any exposed skin such as my hands were starting to feel uncomfortable that I had to keep them in my pocket for most of the walk too and from the restaurant. We could have avoided the cold by using RESO walkway but everything I found online about it was very confusing and Google Maps just did not want to function underground.

Pictures from Intercontinental Hotel Montreal
More Nighttime Montreal Cityscape