FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:39 pm
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Traveling with the parents recently: In KL and had a morning flight so after breakfast I booked an Uber and out we went. As we were at LM KL above Sentral it would have been more convenient but double the cost to take the train and we had sufficient time - and I've done this exact plan at this exact hotel many times. Departing the area is full of twists and turns but the direction was wrong and less than 5 minutes after departing, and confirming with google maps that we going northwest, I said: "You know we're going to the airport?!!?"

It was quite a good question as we were in the wrong Uber; neither the driver nor I confirmed the destination prior to setting out. The car's plate had the same 3 letters (WSP) and 2 of 4 numbers were also the same so a cursory glance had me convinced this was my guy. Not being familiar with make/models of cars in Malaysia that part never crossed my mind to double check.

We made our plane after all, but that day's trip to KLIA required taking an Uber AND KLIA Ekpress. - at double the cost plus the charge for booking an Uber and no-showing the assigned driver.