FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary SWU downgrade whilst seated on the plane
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:22 pm
AndyAA

Originally Posted by Often1
OP, in this third-person report of what his GF said in her "message" (which leads me to believe that all of this is drawn from a text, voicemail, email not even an interchange between the two), says that the GF received a voucher. But, he's never provided the $ amount.

Given the OP's first person account of his phone call with his GF ....
My girlfriend called me up in tears before her first ....ing flight overseas and I am livid.
unless the OP mistaken those tears for tears of joy over a free ticket in J to New Zealand, one could assume that voucher did not match the market value the OP's GF placed on her first ever trip in J overseas booked well in advance overseas. Any customer focused airline would understand these sorts of things and have policies in place that manage to select a person willingly to give up a seat in exchange for compensation that the passenger agrees is suitable.

The issue is not whether AA followed its policies, in which nobody on here has a clue as to what it really is, but rather the action the airline chose to take in this situation.

This just reinforces the notion that any passenger shall remain seated in their seat specified on their successfully scanned boarding pass until the airline provides a satisfactory resolution to the situation regardless of whatever screw the customer provision in the CoC the airline may trumpet.