FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - partner awards/schedule changes
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:30 am
jinglish

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
It's typically something small, and sometimes you can acknowledge the changes on the website or app in ten seconds and be done with it, but even just yesterday I had to call in for a paid reservation because my return flight from SFO had been renumbered and scheduled for ten minutes earlier.

So yes, it can be annoying, and there's no immediate notification, so I just check on my reservations periodically. But while you should try to get things straightened out ASAP, there's no need to panic over losing availability--in my experience, AS will do what it takes to make sure you still get where you go on time. I used AS miles for an AA Y trip to Colombia coming up in February, and I've had a whole bunch of schedule changes, including a cancellation of my first leg to DFW on AS a couple months ago. When I called in, they gave me a few options, including flying out earlier in the day and staying in a hotel on their dime until my connection the next morning, or having them contact AA to ask them to open up Y award space on the SEA-MIA direct. (I chose the latter, and apparently AA said no, but I got routed through AUS instead with barely any timing change.) And AS has the flexibility to open up their own award space as needed for reaccommodation.