FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - partner awards/schedule changes
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:15 am
badgersfly

Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
I have a partner award ticket (with Condor and Alaska on route) for next summer. When I looked at the mobile app for a different reason and curiously checked on that itinerary, it told me that there was a schedule change and then after I clicked on it, that I needed to call in. But if I hadn’t looked, I wouldn’t have known.

Which got got me thinking - Does Alaska notify you when this happens? Is there some notification setting I need to turn on? And what is the state of ones booking when it’s in need of calling in? Can you lose your availability if you don’t call In right away to get the new schedule settled up? (These are business class flights, so don’t want to lose them; if I need to check daily, I could, but that’s a long way out to do this for)

Thanks!
I've got a few of these on partner awards for the summer right now as well. My experience is that they are usually just minor schedule changes that have little impact. If there are bigger changes that throw off your itinerary, they will reach out to you via email or phone call when it gets closer. These minor changes for flights booked far out are pretty standard. You can always go to the partner website and look up the flights you are on to see what the change is. My bet is that your departure or arrival times are changing by 10 minutes. If so, I've never bothered to call in and haven't had any issues. If it's more than that, certainly call.