FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:41 pm
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Angry billing problems galore

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Any latest updates for plat stays here?
Just got back from 8 nights at this property and I must say I'm fairly disappointed.
I got a suite night award cleared for a junior suite, a room that was far better than previous executive suites I've had at the same property so that was pretty great.
Get into the room to find a bottle of chardonnay and some nibbles thanks to my ambassador, so 2 thumbs up in that regard.
Overall a great stay. Then comes time to checkout. 'I'll print up the folio since there are a lot of charges to review' - what ?!?!?
That welcome bottle of wine and ecclaires? They billed me for them.
Those 4 breakfasts I had at the terrace as my platinum welcome gift (mind you I only had 4 out of 8 I could have opted for)? Billed for them too. Even though on 2 of the mornings the girl at the counter carefully read the little platinum amenity welcome gift card saying that I got free breakfast.
All in all about 300 pounds worth of bogus charges that I would have let slide if the gal at the front desk didn't say something about checking out the charges at checkout time (I must admit I rarely ever check my folios).

This has really got me hot. If it was a minibar item, or maybe a room service order that got billed to the wrong room, that would be one thing, this was a consistent pattern of charging me for items that the hotel should not be charging me for. I hate to make an insinuation based upon circumstantial evidence, but given the fact that they had so many 'errors' on my account, and the fact that they seem to be parring down their amenities (both the offerings at the club lounge, and the platinum breakfast were top notch, but much more 'slender' than previous stays) I have got to wonder if this billing problem was less accident than I was assured it was...