FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The First Class Refreshments Basket but no "meal" for 2 hour flight?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:15 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Micp3208
The basket is pretty pathetic with no snacks I really like. I would prefer the Stroopwaffel or snack mix found in the economy cabin on longer flights. To me, it seems that everyone wants the basket but mainly just to look because there is nothing they want!
You can request something from the back. I've seen people grab from the basket AND get something from the back. Sometimes in the last row when the choice in the basket has dwindled, the FA will even proactively offer something from the back.

I do agree though, if they have time to heat up a muffins in an oven for a morning flight, they should have time to give you an appetizer or small sandwich. I remember before (on delta or NW I think), they'd have food boxes at the gate that you'd pickup as you boarded. I think it would have a sandwich with some chips and a cookie