FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fall Trip To Eastern Canada
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:34 pm
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by seat38a
...... the Chateau Frontenac is a tourist destination in itself, the lobby and the outside of the hotel was crowded with tourists that had been offloaded from their tour buses. What was annoying was they would all crowd around the mailbox located in between the elevators taking group pictures which prevented us and other hotel guests from using the elevator freely, or we could not get out of the elevator since there was a mob waiting to take pictures.

More pictures from Chateau Frontenac Hotel

Originally Posted by seat38a
Unless Fairmont starts only letting people with legitimate business into the hotel, I don't see how they can do it in a tactful manner. The buses don't drop them off inside hotel ground. They park along Rue de Fort and Rue Saint Louis and drop passengers off and they walk themselves into the hotel. But yes it is annoying as a hotel guest, when your paying $500+ a night to stay here, and you get a stink face from the people trying to take pictures because your trying to access the elevator to your own room.

The hotel does run tours though, so many people do show up for that.
Having said that I doubt it's for busloads that are part of the tour (likely just get dumped there and told to report back in 30-40mins) but I would also be annoyed by having to push my way through the selfie crowd in order to get to my room.