FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange interaction with UA club staff after entering with Turkish Star Gold card
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:24 pm
NoDestinations

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The reason for the skepticism might be due to there has been a "travel hack" to get TK Gold status without flying TK for the purpose of getting UC access on domestic flights by UA flyers. Some of the travel bloggers promoted this for some time. Understand TK has tighten that up a bit but memories linger.
Yes, but mine was completely valid. I think they might have been confused because my TK status reset (after the year), and the agents saw it on the screen as having no elite miles or segments, that may have been why they were skeptical. While I am confident I did nothing wrong, what would you think the repercussions would be for someone who did do this "travel hack" you are talking about? Wouldn't you say that as long as the status is valid, and under your name, it doesn't matter how you obtained it?

Example: UA gives out plenty of free elite status. From corporate contracts to MM companions... and UA elites are accessing lounges all over the world. Isn't it hypocritical that if an airline gives their customers a complimentary elite status level, that UA would reject that?