FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:03 pm
pdx1M

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
LT 1Ks who do not subsequently qualify in the normal PQM/PQ scheme really don't jump over the RPU-earning Plat hurdles, they go around. They jump over the 1K hurdle (by means of their 3MM status) and get the 1K prize (6 GPUs and 2 RPUs)
I can generate justifications for it too but that wasn't really my point. They nickel and dimed how they treated LT 1Ks - shrug. All it did was add to why I stopped being loyal in the sense of defaulting my flying to UA. Since I buy 1st class or biz class on any trip over about 2 hours that has cost UA quite a bit of my business over the years since I start my flight planning somewhere other than united.com. Did 2 RPUs do that - of course not. But it was part of an overall pattern that turned me into a transactional customer rather than a guaranteed one. In the long run that has cost UA money from me. Most of my upgrades go unused each year(though this year I actually did use them up on my brother and on a random flight of mine where upgrades were available at purchase). I really think that companies like UA miss the forest for the trees sometimes when it comes to maximizing business - but I'm quite happy spending my money on foreign carrier level premium service these days.