FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renters who don't fill up on gas quite all the way to F...
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:00 pm
ginmqi

Originally Posted by FN-GM
Maybe they are just stopping when they hit a round number to save messing about with change when it comes to payment?
POtentially. Though the vast majority here in the US use credit cards for gas.

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Or maybe it was employees using the cars (outside of a contract) and then stopping to drive it as soon as they saw the needle moving.
Sounds like a nice way to find yourself out of a job. (of course I'll defer to those who have managerial experience with rental car companies....as I don't reasonably see how employees can take the car for other uses other than within their job description)

I presume most rental locations have the parking/storage area close enough to the cleaning area/customer lots that it won't have any negligible gas use if driven withing normal employee duties/distances. Not sure how an employee can take it for a joy ride to cause significant change in gasoline levels.

At the HNL location (the 430), the return lot is right next to the cleaning stations which is right next to the parking garage that houses the cars/customer lots. At the ITO location (the Wrangler), it's such a small airport that the SAME parking lot is used for storage/customer pickup and customer return.