FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel to/thru Turkey and SSSS
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:06 am
Airline_Brat

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
So apparently this is quite a YMMV situation, and your lack of online checkin may or may not have anything to do with Turkey. Per my experience at the end of October (the post right above yours), the SSSS I had for my flight departing IST to the US had no effect on security screening--I was subject to the same screening as everyone else, nothing special or extra because of the SSSS. And tomorrow I'm embarking on my second domestic trip within the US since then, no issues with either online checkin or pre-check (which, like you, I have through GE). And I DID enter Turkey for a few hours during the layover at IST.

Are you by chance flying Delta? Could your situation be related to flight cancellations/rebookings due to the ATL shutdown yesterday?

Good luck! (and the TK lounge was pretty awesome, right?)
No, we're flying Jet Blue tomorrow. AUS to FLL. Don't think it has anything to do with flight issues as my husband was able to check in as was his extra seat, but I was not. All on the same PNR. Yes the TK lounge was amazing, though I found it a little overwhelming TBH.

I'll update after my security experience tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully it won't be too bad.