FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - missing out cause you're flying premium
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:27 pm
matrixwalker2012
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pewpew
Same with the girls, unfortunately
I’m married now, so no longer interested in meeting any ladies. In my current situation, my wife lives in Asia and I live in LA, so I’m constantly commuting back and forth between LA and HK and at this point, I’ve seen pretty much everything HK Airport has to offer and have zero interest in visiting the shops anymore. I’ve also found that much of the stuff I would want to buy are usually very high end specialized equipment that an airport store would not carry and even if they do, I don’t have any space in my bags to carry it.

Thus, all I want is to be able to commute back and forth in peace, and given my frequent travels, it is quite exhausting and all I want to do is to go to the lounge and refresh with a nice hot shower and relax on their couches. Also grab a nice meal in the lounges (keeps my airport spending down) and when it’s time to board, get on my flight.

Yes, earlier in the year I lingered longer than necessary at Changi to go look around and it’s a nice airport, but it’s still an airport. I didn’t see one item at any of the stores that made me want to buy it.

Just like I’ve been to HKG so many times now that I don’t even bother with sightseeing. I go there to be with my wife as much as I can before I have to come back to my job. I’m looking forward to when she moves to LA, then I can put this commuting behind me.