FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:51 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
That is completely unrealistic. Manhattan suite is a fantastic upgrade and the NYC skyline view is quite pleasant.

I find this property to be one of the gems in the Marriott system. Service has been great for me and the lounge breakfast is better than any other Marriott I've stayed at in the US.
He had a king-sized room with a Central Park view. For me, that's a better view than looking into the side of a neighboring building.

And I don't know you can say this is a "gem." Yes, the lounge is better than most or maybe all domestic properties without a M Club lounge, but the level of service isn't on par with J.W. Marriott hotels. Heck, even Motel 6 gives each room a coffeemaker. Having turndown service but not providing it unless someone requests it and then not telling guests to request it if they want it is poor.