FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:35 am
ninim2200

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Applied this morning for myself and my wife, used brand new identical 50k mailers exp 10/15 for each, mine went pending with a request to call with an ID number 20171129xxxxxxx, my wife's app got the message

" we have received your application "We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you within a week regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online. Thank you for requesting a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World EliteTM Mastercard®.

Application ID: 171129XXXXX"

my guess is that the new date format has to do with the message we get, hopefully it doesn't affect the outcome of the application.
Originally Posted by ninim2200
My wife called today for the first time, the CSR tried to process the application 3 times and couldn't process it, she said someone will be in touch with you in 7-10 days. we'll see where this will go.
After waiting over 2 weeks we decided we are going to call again, my wife was on hold for over 10 minutes ( 1 hold) the CSR didn't ask any questions other than full name, came back and approved the application, so it seems like it may take longer to process a 17XXXXXXXX app vs a 2017XXXXXX app, the end result is the same.