FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 60,000 1k spend $99 AF
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:03 pm
harrynguyen

Hey guys, I'm tempted to get this card, however the thing is, is it doesn't have 0% APR on purchases only on balance transfer which is still good. But, let's say I have a balance of $1200 just to cover to min spend and the annual fee, I decided to do a balance transfer, would I still get the 60k bonus points? I know for the $1200 I would not get points on alone due to the balance transfer. It would give me a year to pay it off without interest which is really good.

What I was thinking was apply for the 60K card and then downgrade, I don't usually fly a lot but don't get me wrong the card benefits pays more than the annual fee itself. I'm from the bay area - Oakland, and I like that it flies to a lot of the major cities in the US and even internationally as well. I don't even have a airline credit card so maybe this would be my first, I don't even have a Barclay credit card lol. I've never been on Jetblue before but heard it's good, they take care of you, I like it because they have deals all the time like SW.

Tell me, how's the customer service, as far as the benefits do they deliver? I hear a lot of horror stories and such, like people flying out of the country, not getting their card, or lost a baggage, tried to file a claim but never had success with it, etc.

I also thought about getting the Alaska airline too, I really like the companion pass but I heard they bait switch so that's a no go.

Thanks.

Last edited by harrynguyen; Dec 16, 2017 at 10:47 pm