FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Freedom 2018, 1st Q, Bonus Categories
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:32 am
Need

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but for most of people concerned about how a specific gas station is classified, you could just go inside and pay with your phone for 5%. An extra step, but would guarantee the quarter bonus spend.

likewise, no reason to guess if a gas station has large gift cards, just go to any grocery store and get what you need.

I love this quarter. Nicely done Chase!
I think you are right. Most people, like me, looked at the first category on top and tried to figure out how to spend for that quarter. I don't use my phone to pay, so I didn't even think about buying gift cards at grocery stores pay with phone. Just like this quarter, I only focused on Walmart but I forgot it also for department stores. On black friday, I needed to get a new double wall oven and the one I want is the same price everywhere, Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot, Sears. Then I realized that Sears is a department store while the others are not. So I got it at Sears and maxed out the quarter all in one shot!