FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is AA's nastiest gate?
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:02 am
bse118

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by schertz
I’d second the nomination of the whole CLT Airport. The whole operation: angry low rent customers...had to dodge a profanity strewn near fistfight on the way to the AC the other day in a completely crammed terminal with the ceiling out presumably for replacement or we could only hope for demolition, surly unhelpful LUS agents, garbage old LUS Airbi, the apparent lack of any business travelers except those whose business involves golf and colored pants (and not the BA Galleries First type of colored pants folks). Then the ends of A and B where there are approximately 4 738/321 gates on each where there is space for about one...barely individual boarding lanes let alone any type of priority lane. Kind of like the circle AA shares with virgin at EWR...yuck...but that is a second-tier outstation and CLT is their primary southern domestic transit hub.

To echo AANTC1981: what a garbage operation. The whole LUS thing (with the notable exception of the stews, who I’ve found to be almost universally better than LAA’s) oozes nasty, cheap, and low-rent.
Please tell me. How can we identify a business traveler by the color of their clothing?

CLT is a great airport to connect through. The operation almost always runs efficiently; and its less likely to impacted by significant delays than many other AA hubs. It's one of the few airport where I am perfectly happy to take a 35 minute connection. Sure the facilities are a outdated and a bit crowded (they are working on both of those things...), but who cares if I am not spending any time there?

Hardly compares to the 35X hellhole or the national embarrassment that is LGA.

Oh, and this thread had somewhow managed to go 43 posts without a pointless off-topic rant about managment LUS/LAA ...so thanks for that contribution.