FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Dec 16, 2017, 6:35 am
pallhedge

Originally Posted by Jclarkperry
I've had the CSP for several years but wasn't able to take advantage of the huge CSR 100k sign up due to being over 5/24. In 45 days I will be under 5/24 and am wondering about the best approach to getting a UR sign up bonus. I still have my CSP open, so my understanding is that I am not eligible for the CSR or another CSP. My plan was to close the CSP and then apply to get the CSR. Since it would be within a month of so of me closing the other card, I wasn't sure if there would be any issues since Chase seems to be tightening down on this. My approach seems to be within the "rules" they have set out, but I wasn't able to find any posts indicating how long you needed to wait between closing one UR-earning card and opening another in order to get the sign up bonus. Thanks!
I wouldn't close the CSP, I'd downgrade it to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. Then I suggest you wait 1-2 weeks before applying for the CSR.