FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dealing with the situation of an obese passenger on QF
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:08 am
goback

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
This might sound unkind/discriminatory/politically incorrect, but there has to come a point whereby airlines have to refuse the severely morbidly obese as passengers. It becomes about the safety of the obese passenger themself and of other passengers. From watching certain reality TV programmes, I see that people are only getting fatter and fatter, while seats are getting smaller and smaller, and there's no room to increase aisle width. (Rhetorical) If, as in your case, the passenger requires assistance walking, what happens in an emergency?

Surely a line has to be drawn somewhere, preferably along where it's for the greater good, not because "rights".

And I do think QF should have a real policy in place. One that starts at the check-in desk. This tiptoeing about does no one any favours.
Yes, I agree completely. The body contact was just an invasion of personal space and plain yuck! Of course obese passengers who are in this situation should think of the common good in the first place and book two seats.