FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Colleague Was Bumped from Upgraded F Seat by a Celeb
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:48 am
kb9522

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by beachfan
What is this well known rule about when it is ok to displace an existing boarded passenger into a lower cab to sell a fare or accomodate a SDC on a paid fare, and how does this rule differentiate award tickets from paid tickets in J and to upgraded tickets from coach? Serious question.
The CoC has a link to a separate page which it states governs the terms for preferred seat selection. This page includes the following bullets (bolding mine)

• We make every effort to ensure you get your chosen seat, but seat assignments are not guaranteed.
    • We reserve the right to change seats for operational, safety or security reasons.
    • You must check in at least 30 minutes before departure and be at the gate 15 minutes before departure or you may lose your seat.
    • We will attempt to assign children under 15 with at least one adult they're traveling with.
I make no distinction between booked class, instrument used, etc. Do not put words in my mouth. Seat assignment, regardless of how you came to have it, is not guaranteed. Period.