FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is AA's nastiest gate?
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:09 pm
ckendall

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by Antarius
Ok - I've flown out of DCA a ton of times.. what is the 35X gates? Which concourse is it on? Somehow never managed to end up on it... (lucky me it seems)

My vote was for the mess at LAX. Last flight we got parked at a hardstand... bussed to the Eagle's nest.. then bussed to T4 and then had to walk to TBIT. Awful
It is in the end concourse and it is distinguished in many ways from other gates. Like the Trailways Stations I used to visit, there is a call for the various flights that depart that mostly sounds like yelling. Then you go down stairs and find your particular gate (and there is little clue as to which one is which). You end up getting on a bus that as noted above has a capacity of 20% less than the plane you are flying on. Then you stand in the rain/snow/heat to gate check your bag and walk up the wooden ramp (now ADA compliant I imagine, but a step up from the stairs of a few years ago).

There must be a guess your weight scale and one of those machines that you can try to use the little crane job to extract a toy that is worth less than the quarter you inserted if you are lucky.