FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex BA Premium Plus - new fee policy or a mistake???
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:16 am
BA97

Programs: BA Gold
I've read through this thread with interest, trying to map it to my own situation

I currently pay £0 for my BAPP, having held a Plat Charge Card continuously since 2003 (I converted from the fee-free BA card to the BAPP at the same time). Having suffered the £300-->£450 fee increase for the Plat Charge Card a couple of years back coupled with scaling back the benefits (particularly insurance) I am considering downgrading to Green or Gold to keep my MR balance (>400k) alive. Obviously whether that would impact my £0 fee BAPP is a concern. I value the BAPP enough to want to keep it - doubling up on 2-for-1 vouchers most particularly.

I called Amex in the Philippines who said any change in the charge card account would result in the whole £195 fee being payable. Has anyone done this and had that experience?

If that is indeed the case i'm looking at £450 decreasing to £335 if I drop to Gold (£140+£195, though just £195 first year assuming £140 fee is waived). If I drop to Green it's £255 (£60+£195). Alternatively I've got a corporate Green via my employer I think I can pay a £30 fee to earn MRs through which might be the best option at £225.

Any advice or relevant experiences?

[EDIT: Raffles to the rescue making me aware of the [url=https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/09/25/how-to-keep-your-membership-rewards-points-when-cancelling-amex-gold-or-platinum/]Amex Rewards Credit Card]

Last edited by BA97; Dec 15, 2017 at 8:26 am