FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:38 pm
Macaron54

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Since my post Mid November I have done another 30K level miles. Now 100K over Ultimate threshold since January 2016.
No one has contacted me, no upgrade of my account.....I think they give a .... about this status
You may not hear from them, MumbaiDan, before March 2018, time at which they will review your mile accrual over a two-year period. If you are above the 360,000-mile threshold, I see no reason why they would not grant you the Ultimate status. I would not go as far as saying they do not care — I think they just got more than they bargained for. As noted by hfly last month, we have not seen yet an overwhelming enthusiasm for the program. No ecstatic comments nor heartfelt encouragements to be loyal to the airline and fly more to reach the Ultimate level. Some positive experiences mitigated by disappointment over benefits not delivered. It is very possible that the program management has at last come to grip with reality, and is backpedaling to set things right. Hard to guess. There have been rumors among the ground staff at CDG of an end-of-the-year gift to Ultimate's in the form of an upgrade to make up for the hiccups and mishaps in 2017, but I have not been able to get a confirmation of these rumors. That said, at the risk of curbing your enthusiasm, don't hold your expectations too high.