FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Freezers on board? (Medication question)
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:51 am
abaheti

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lost
How about bring your insulated bag with your ice packs and several empty quart or gallon size Ziploc baggies, then when the ice packs start warming up ask the FA for some ice to fill the Ziploc bags to keep everything cold?

This way all the crew has to worry about is getting you some ice a few times during the flight, and you don't have to worry about the meds being out of your control.

I think keeping the medicine in an aircraft compartment used for any type of food prep will be a non starter.
This is what I did when traveling with my MIL. I needed to keep her medications cooled. Used a small insulated lunch bag with frozen gel "blue" inserts. As those warmed up, I had the meds in sealed bags, got ice from the FA and double sealed bags, and had no issues. The FA fold me they were not allowed to keep passenger items in the fridge/freezer in the galley. Both flights were business class LAX/SFO-NRT. YMMV. Had it not been a last minute trip, or had I been more experienced, I would have planned for an even better container or dry ice etc. But it all worked.