FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any other ORD-based flyers struggling with AA's schedule/lack of frequency
Old Dec 14, 17, 10:23 am
aisleorwindow
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Well it sounds like others are not having the same experience as I am, lol. Just to clarify a few things:

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
If you're sitting in exit rows and upfaring to F out of your own pocket, then why are you so dead set on being loyal? I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that it really doesn't sound like loyalty is getting you very far. You can upfare on any major carrier, regardless of status...
The only reason I have access to the exit rows in the first place is because of my status. So in fact, loyalty is extremely important for me.

Originally Posted by GregL View Post
There is something wrong with your searches.... looking at this week, AA has:
  • 5 daily ORD-SEA, including a 5pm, 8pm & 10pm
  • 3 daily SJC-ORD at 7:45am, 1:25pm and 10:45pm
  • 3 daily SJC-ORD at 9:55am, 5:10pm & 8:05pm
  • 4 daily ORD-RSW including a 3:10pm
  • 10 daily MIA-ORD, including a 9:30pm
As for ATL-ORD & MSP-ORD, the latest departure makes sense as it connects with the last outbound bank at ORD. Non-hub airlines will typically have later departures to other airlines' hub cities.
This isn't really a fair comparison, because this week has an unusual schedule due to the holidays coming up. Remember, I travel primarily for business.

Let's look at mid-January and Feb:

ORD-SEA - the 5pm doesn't run on Tue or Wed (my main travel days), and the 8pm and 10pm are gone
ORD-SJC - one flight a day at 5pm - again, this means flying into SFO or spending another night away, which I'm not willing to do
SJC-ORD - one daily flight at 8am
ORD-RSW - my point was that the latest flight was at 3pm, so can't work a full day and still get there same night
You're right about MIA-ORD, it wasn't an option for my specific example, but it could've been that those flights were sold out

Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
I think the OP may have not factored that the ideal flights may have been sold out given how close he books to departure.
Definitely a possibility, and a good point.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.