FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chasing One Million Miles
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:33 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by onfinalapproach
Would like to do as much as I can on UA for the MM status but *A flights thrown in to get where I want to go is completely fine. Regarding my views, I wanted to share the experience and hopefully provide some good insight for people who love to travel like I do.
Airfare alone for 1 Million Miles BIS is going to be north of $100K, unless you take advantage of some of the cheaper airfares that show up in the Mileage Run Forum. This is based on all coach airfare, which will get old fast. Add in hotels, meals, transit expenses, etc. I can see this approaching $300K if you stay at hotels people will be interested in reading about. That said, people are willing to fund things that never crossed my mind, so have at it, but maybe start a website or blog if you haven't already? I would be interested in following your travels for this.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and wish you luck in sourcing the funds for this! Sounds like fun if I was younger, not married, and unemployed.