FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:50 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Actually I am not from the US but I work in an US organization so I do know 3/4 staff who have been or currently are plat members of the Fairmont. One is even a lifetime member. I have already asked for their opinions. And the response I have been given is the suite upgrades are not that great. Also your usage of 5000 Euros for a stay is at the extreme end of spending. Also their experience of using (Fairmont) suite upgrades has been well underwhelming and suites in Asia beat the pants off what a suite is in USA. I have even been told they have been in suites (at Fairmont hotels) which have been basically 1 single rooms but with a hip high partition and that only has a workdesk behind that partition. Also comments were Fairmont needs a good update is no longer considered the top chain in the US unlike 20-30years ago. And they always felt like its stuck in the 1930's and lacking renovation. They have even let suite upgrades go to expire. Now they tend to use the SPG program ( a couple of them) and as well due to being in Asia also the Marco polo program.

So get off your high horse this is what I have been told. I feel you are die hard members who probably have not seen Fairmont lose its top status over the years as I asked members who were not fanatics clinging on and wont look at the facts. I admit Accor Leclub programs problems which shows my open mind about things its only from your mouth that everything is perfect with FPC. But again you seem to ignore any positives that come out of the program. If you think this is trolling please go ahead report me and let them see if they will delete my account. I want you to prove I am trolling.. I challenge you to try it!! Back up your words with action..

And just to back up things 2 of those colleagues are holding doctorates and have been around a long time and are pretty knowledgeable .

Last edited by tris06; Dec 14, 2017 at 7:56 am