FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Happy Holidays eMail from aairlines.bounce.ed10.net not Bogus
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:43 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I think everyone got the same email with the same video on youtube's page. I am inserting here but OP might find this page hard to open...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwzWXl7ue10
The video does not play from the email, but does from your post. I have never seen a message that locked out the website controls (not able to delete the message or even return to my InBox once the message was open). Between browser settings, website options, windows controls I am sure there are ways to use and abuse a system (remember the days of spammers doing the rampant pop ups to kill your system). I saw something suspect (regardless who it is, they should not be blocking website controls) and reported it.

A friend monitors three different AA accounts and none of them had received this message (yet). I do believe I'm fairly astute to system operations and what I saw pointed to a possible security issue (as is possible with every link). No tin foil here.

Thanks for all the responses, glad it's not something nasty.