FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Happy Holidays eMail from aairlines.bounce.ed10.net not Bogus
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:23 am
andersonCooper

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
I don't think aairlines.bounce.ed10.net is a scammer. ed10.net is a marketing organization that anybody can use. I believe AA uses aairlines.bounce.ed10.net for their marketing tools. I didn't see anything to suggest that aairlines.bounce.ed10.net was a dangerous email. Just because it is listed as Spam does not make it dangerous. I have emails from American Express, Banana Republic, non-profit organizations, St. Jude, etc.. all going into spam. I wish there was a separate button on mail clients to distinguish "legit spam" from junk/dangerous email spam. I was getting weekly emails from a dealership that I had opted out of that I hit the spam button on, but I believe that is different from the spam of "You have won 10 million in a lottery in the UK and you need to pay the tax to release the winnings."

What was the link that the email tried to send you to? Mine was a link to link.aa.com which would be a legit organization.
I think everyone got the same email with the same video on youtube's page. I am inserting here but OP might find this page hard to open...