FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:54 am
nldogbert

Hi,

I have an issue with AA on an award ticket - hopefully it still falls in this topic. About a month ago, I called to check on availability and it was available so reserved it. A few days later still did not get any ticket number/email, called again and they said something went wrong, so it was sent again. After 2 weeks, I still did not get anything, so I called again and this time I was told that there was something wrong with the partner confirming it, but after on hold for a couple of times, I was told that it was ok and I should get a ticket within 48-72 hours. After 48 hours, I get an email to contact AA urgently concerning this. I called and this time they told me, no deal because they could not confirm with the partner.

Zero help nor any apologies on this and basically they just told me find my own solution (this is < 1 week on when I need to travel). Wrote to Customer Service and they basically had some textbook apologies but still said that it was not their fault and I had to find my own solution.

Due to this I had to fork out quite an amount due to last min booking. Just wondering what should I do, push for compensation? In my opinion this is totally not acceptable - if you find an award availability and tell me it's all confirmed and than last minute you tell me no, it's not possible.

These days AA Customer support has been the worst in all my years as an ExPlat - already a few times writing with valid reason to complain, and they just like to brush things off. I am so fed up and find this to be close to my last straw of their attitude.

Thanks in advance and cheers!