FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:07 pm
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
You really are a piece of work. YOU come in here and accuse people of crying after someone replied to you in a normal manner.

I did not insult you and stand by my post entirely. I see you never stayed at a Fairmont or had any status in FPC.
I beg to differ most people would find those words directed at someone quite offensive. And at the end of the day opinions are split and also if you had not noticed 30 million people are with LeClub program so its not as useless as you like to claim. I think if you follow the Accor thread you might actually see some commentary on what might be done in the near future. As I have already said Accor and PFC are a good fit business wise as they compliment each others weaknesses and it might be time for you to man up and accept that reality. Will everything be solved today? Maybe not but it will get there eventually and it will do what is best for the business in the long term if it does not then it will go out of business.

By the way you can see people asking to earn points or pre credit status/rewards points with Accor from January to July. But thats just double dipping as you are getting basically all the normal benefits for the year.

If someone thinks spending 6000+ Euro's by the way is normal for a 5 night stay well um actually its not. Its definitely in the 0.1 % of what all people spend at a hotel for a 4/5 night stay if you look at the world of hotels above say 3 stars.

Platinum should be around the 1-2 % of members of a program . Golds maybe make up 4-6% of members and silver would maybe consist of 10-20% of members. This is what Accor will likely aim for and the benefits alined to that level.
With the addition of FPC that will likely mean that Accor may raise standards or an additional benefit or 2 but it won't fundamentally change just for FPC members. Some members will stay some will leave in your case you leave if you want... I bet but for many they will still stay at Accor hotels (This now includes fairmont) more or less in instances.

Accor will also gain more members from other hotel groups (Hyatt and Marriot groups for example) because increasing the North American hotel footprint was for quite a few people one reason to not go with Accor.

In places like Europe/Australia-New Zealand/Asia Accor is the top dog and service as well as benefits are also well
implemented. I have old memberships with other hotel groups but they just don't work for me as they usually don't have the hotels where I do business or go for holidays with my family.

I think I am adding valuable information to counter overly pessimistic comments so don't act like "how dare I post in this thread"... in 6-12 months time this particular forum community will start to shrink off and will be history...

I am personally happy the integration is coming and I am already looking forward to staying at the peace hotel in Shanghai for example and maybe the Savoy Hotel in London.

Last edited by tris06; Dec 13, 2017 at 7:28 pm