FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Happy Holidays eMail from aairlines.bounce.ed10.net not Bogus
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:51 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Happy Holidays eMail from aairlines.bounce.ed10.net not Bogus

Be aware! I just received an email that appeared to be from American Airlines with a subject of Happy Holidays. After opening this message on my web portal using Chrome I was no longer able to navigate in the window. Clicking anywhere within the entire portal window (and not just the message) a new tab gets opened. All this appears to be within the AA domain, but that's easily spoofed. Trying to scroll, delete, even return to the In Box opened a new tab. What I was able to do was use Chrome's back button and start over. No apparent damage so far, but doing a full scan and hoping all is well.

I was able to open and navigate using FireFox. Looking at the header it appears the message actually came from aairlines.bounce.ed10.net which is a known bad domain. Be aware and only mild panic appears to be warranted at this time.