FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Freezers on board? (Medication question)
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:31 pm
BullishGS

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by 1P
I'll be having to travel in January-February with medication in the form of a small number of syringes for self-injecting. These need to be kept refrigerated, and will be carried in a box inside a small insulated bag kept cool with icepacks. The maximum duration of use for such a bag is about 6 hours, it seems, and some of my flights will be much longer than that. While I'm sure I'll be able to ask FAs to place a small box of syringes in a refrigerated compartment, I don't know if UA planes also have freezer compartments where I could put a couple of icepacks so that the bag has another few hours of use once I am off the plane. And if so, whether only long-haul or short-haul as well. Travel will be mostly in BF and domestic F.

Any wisdom or experience from the board will be much appreciated. (And yes, I will carry documentation to enable me to pass through security with the kit.)
Commercial airliners that UA flies do have freezers (cooled by dry ice and air circulation). As for using them for your own medicine... You'll have to ask the FA, it really depends. Some may let you use it, some may not.
Good Luck!