FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel stay in W Los Angeles
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:21 pm
CalItalian

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But downtown Santa Monica is even more easily reachable from the HIX West LA but walking across the street and catching the Big Blue Bus #1 (which goes into Westwood Village in the other direction). And downtown Los Angeles by staying on your side of the street and catching LA Metro bus 4 Both run along Santa Monica Blvd (aka CA State Route 2), which is what the HIX West LA is on.

I live half a mile south of the HIX WLA so I also know the neighborhood well, though you're right, I don't walk under the 405 at night (no reason to, the furthest thing north I want to walk at night is the Nuart theater, which is about 1 block south of the HIX WLA).
704. https://media.metro.net/riding_metro...images/704.pdf Fine if you are going to Century City, Beverly Hills or West Hollywood, maybe Hollywood with a transfer but going beyond that is going to take quite a long time with traffic along that street. I'd stick to the Expo for Downtown Los Angeles. The Nuart is basically adjacent to the HIX WLA. Same block separated by the alley and one business. I've never been in that HIX hotel, although they just completed a complete head to toe remodel after being closed for 7 months & I would like to now, but being that there was once a Texaco station on that lot, that's a pretty small property for a hotel. Don't forget Santa Monica Blvd. is Historic Route 66, too.