FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Freezers on board? (Medication question)
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:07 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Freezers on board? (Medication question)

I'll be having to travel in January-February with medication in the form of a small number of syringes for self-injecting. These need to be kept refrigerated, and will be carried in a box inside a small insulated bag kept cool with icepacks. The maximum duration of use for such a bag is about 6 hours, it seems, and some of my flights will be much longer than that. While I'm sure I'll be able to ask FAs to place a small box of syringes in a refrigerated compartment, I don't know if UA planes also have freezer compartments where I could put a couple of icepacks so that the bag has another few hours of use once I am off the plane. And if so, whether only long-haul or short-haul as well. Travel will be mostly in BF and domestic F.

Any wisdom or experience from the board will be much appreciated. (And yes, I will carry documentation to enable me to pass through security with the kit.)