FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:07 pm
dmodemd

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I don't think FPC had much say on this at all. I am sure that the execs running the Accors program thinks it is perfect, as they have been responsible for it. Therefore, they would impose it without change to Fairmont. The only issue was really with how to implement the migration. I don't think they thought through the hole they created by having no effective earnings in the first half of the year, only opportunity for status earning (because FPC is back-loaded on rewards). 2017 Platinums should have no reason to stay at Fairmont the first half of the year as far as a rewards program is concerned. I have already set up my Marriott stays and ready to cancel out the Fairmont stays. I can re-visit that for July and beyond but I don't see Accors being better than Marriott/SPG. I gave up Premier Platinum with Marriott to move to Fairmont and will start they year only Gold at Marriott so have to earn my way back (after a soft landing to Platinum this past year).

One correction they should make is to start Accors points earning on 1/1/18, but I bet the systems aren't ready for that. They would have to run this manually outside the system and then post later.