FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any other ORD-based flyers struggling with AA's schedule/lack of frequency
Old Dec 13, 17, 1:54 pm
aisleorwindow
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly View Post
I thought MIA has a few evening flights to Chicago? Like a 7pm and a 9pm?

Looks like you are correct. This was not the case earlier in 2017 - glad to see this

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
The only CHI carrier with more departures than AA is UA, and you already said you couldn't put up with UA any more. That's not to say that AA/UA departures are equally distributed across the routes you travel...
You're going to need to fly other carriers. That's what happens when even a very large market is split 3 ways: frequency and number of non-stop destinations won't be what you can get out of ATL or DFW. It's good for price competition on the routes that see service. It's better for you, too, to see the issues of AA vs. other carriers' performance.
Originally Posted by Austin787 View Post
You already identified the best solution: look at all airlines and choose the one that best meets your needs for a particular trip.
No disagreement with any of the above. This year I have flown UA, AS, VX, WN, and DL to make up for gaps in AA's schedule. Also flew on PD (Porter) to take advantage of the convenience of YTZ. My point was that 2017 has seemed to be significantly more challenging in this regard than in past year.

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
Their midweek schedule reductions are going to bite them in the a**, if they don't do it carefully.
Exactly my point. For me the reductions are palpable. Curious if others are having the same experience, or if I've just been a bit unlucky.