FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:36 pm
zrh2yvr

Programs: AC SE 100K
For me it's pretty clear. I stay at the Fairmont almost every trip because my company uses them as the primary hotel along with the Four Seasons. One of the reasons I always choose Fairmont is because of the platinum program and the benefits. I have been platinum (through the Amex program but still spend a pretty decent amount with Fairmont) for a long time have probably have close to 200 nights total over 8-10 years. I never think of where to go because the Platinum benefits are pretty great.

I also have Accor but the free night certificates and the guaranteed upgrades are the primary benefits I like. I guess if we get 1 last year, that's great but the dismantling of the program is really a shame. I'm sure it will be just a drop in the bucket to Accor but it will shift some patterns for people like me - who will likely just now go to the Four Seasons or where possible, use my LHW membership - which also has a pretty decent free night program.

We had to know this was coming but the dismantling of the program is not great for many of us. Perhaps if 100's of us speak out- they will start to re-think (or they already have all the stats so they know the expected impact plus and minus).