FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:59 am
dmodemd

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Well, looks like the major concern of everyone is the loss of suite upgrade certificates.
Points could more or less replace the free night and the dining certificate, upgrades based on availability could more or less make for the loss of room upgrade certificates,
I don't agree with that either. Points calculator shows that with my corporate rate that for every 10 nights above the initial 30 that I will earn about half of the value I earn today in Fairmont free night certificates.
Dining certs are a pure loss. No extra value from above calc to cover dining/spa.
Don't forget even more cert goodies for Platinums... $100 cert, Local Dining exp.
Card benefits we already lost.

The real comparison is against other major chains. On the surface it may appear comparable but from what we hear from Accors experiences, they fall short of what the other majors execution is on benefits.
e.g. Hyatt and SPG have suite upgrade certs. Hyatt promises best available upgrade. All provide lounge access everywhere. Some give "guaranteed" late checkout until 4pm.