FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean Visa Card
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:52 am
KLouis

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
What about you? You're in Greece, do you have an Aegean Visa?
I myself was interested because I might have the advantage that I'm half Greek and my father lives with me in Belgium but is Greek and has AFM for his Greek properties (however income in Belgium). My Greek is not on point that I can talk about bank details so I'm too shy to do the conversation in Greek and I'd rather do it in English. Except if you still discourage me to get a visa after all this.

Kind regards,
George
I have no idea whether Alpha UK issues Aegean-branded credit cards, if yes and you're happy with having a cc in a country that uses a different currency than yours, go ahead and get it. It will definitely be expensive, but I have no idea whether the extra cost will be offset by the bonuses.

As for a Greek Aegean-branded credit card, as many people have written before, you'll need your own AFM (ΑΦΜ) to open an account plus a copy of your last tax return summary (εκκαθαριστικό εφορίας) plus a utilities bill. The last two items are required annually, although hardly any bank asks for the unless you ask for a new PIN number, or you change your address. Are the bonuses so important to go through that?

PS I have a M&M credit card and although I no longer fly with them, I got an additional ~25000 miles during the last couple of years