FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planned Aircraft Swap Creates Delay
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:47 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
I find it hard to believe also. You don't say your final, but did you check routing through ORD or DEN? SFO could have been an option too depending on where in FL you are going.

Also, there was a way to travel today, it included a 38 minute connection at IAH. The weather is fine here today you probably would have made it. You chose not to, so now you pay that cost. You would have been provided a hotel in IAH and been able to make it to your final much earlier in the day tomorrow (and avoided a cross-country trip w/ connection Day 2 where this could happen again).
Yes, we checked flights ex-SNA instead of LAX, and via DEN/ORD and SFO - everything was sold out or it wasn't possible to make the flight in time. I would never do a 38 min connection, even at IAH - if I arrive in the low Cs and leave from the high Cs, then I'm looking at a mad scramble through the terminal to be at the gate before my seat is gone, and who knows where my checked bag ends up.