FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean Visa Card
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:42 pm
unusualtravelblog

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by GeorgieBoy4
My best advice: do not get get involved with a Greek Credit card if you are a non-Greek resident in Greece. The banks are very difficult for the Greeks. As for foreigners Greek banks got their fingers burned in the mortgage market for EU nationals buying property in the country before the financial crash. The housing market prices collapsed and foreigners just walked away leaving huge debts. So of course bank are 'reluctant' to deal with foreigners. Second point. The Greek tax structure is dynamite. Stay clear except for the absolute bare minimum of 'have to'. Aegean does not encourage anyone but Greek resident Greeks to apply. Doesn't that tell you something? I think there are too many 'wise guy' comments in this thread from contributors who have not thought through clearly of what is involved.
What about you? You're in Greece, do you have an Aegean Visa?
I myself was interested because I might have the advantage that I'm half Greek and my father lives with me in Belgium but is Greek and has AFM for his Greek properties (however income in Belgium). My Greek is not on point that I can talk about bank details so I'm too shy to do the conversation in Greek and I'd rather do it in English. Except if you still discourage me to get a visa after all this.

Kind regards,
George