FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planned Aircraft Swap Creates Delay
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:48 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
You rebooked to a day later to avoid a 90 minute delay?

Beyond that, where did the previously assigned plane go? Is it possible that the company needed it to help a different flight that was more significantly impacted? How many people on the LAX-IAH flight were connecting onward versus finishing at IAH? Of those, how many could be easily accommodated on later connections or reroutes versus other options for the aircraft swap?

I can promise you that the decision wasn't made just to piss you off.
Flying from west coast to east coast, noon-1pm is the last departure option to make a connection back to Florida - so yes, because I had no other option. I am not taking a short hop redeye, sorry.
The inbound from CUN is #3249 , but I can't see where it went after arriving at 1045PM last night - and if it was needed for something else, or went mechanical overnight or early this morning, there was certainly time to find another aircraft to lessen the delay on the outbound to IAH. How many are connecting? I have no idea, but given it's a flight to a hub, I would assume quite a few.