FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - up to March 2022
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:41 am
SpinzCity

Programs: DL Million Miler
Got an e-mail Sunday night saying my Monday 5pm Birmingham-AMS would be cancelled, and I would be re-booked within 3 hours. Then I tweeted requesting specific flights for TUESDAY, realizing that I would have to spend the night. No response to the tweet.

Monday morning (today) still no rebooking on the KLM website, so I retweeted. This time a response: keep checking the KLM website to see what you are rebooked on. This afternoon still not rebooked. There is a rebooking feature on the website, but when I choose to rebook myself, it says no flights are available any days this week.

This afternoon (Monday) went to the Birmingham airport. Baggage drop lanes are open, and the agent there says there are no rebooking personnel available at the airport, and to get myself a hotel, and keep the receipts for reimbursement. At the hotel now (late Monday afternoon), twiddling my thumbs. Don't want to call and get put on hold till eternity on my $1.50/minute plan - - or is that the only way to get rebooked?